The Coves at Bird Island on Grand Lake originally began as the site of a private hunting and game reserve. The property was acquired for the purpose of real estate development in 1981. The developers were committed to retaining the natural beauty of the area, and yet provide leisure, comfort, and privacy for the homeowners. Today the concept of a natural lake environment is blended with our amenities listed below. The Coves' unique 24-hour security is provided by EMS trained personnel who are just minutes away in an emergency.
- 18-hole championship golf course / Pro shop with resident and non-resident membership options or public guest play
- 16-acre state-of-the-art golf practice facility
- Swimming pool
- Tennis & Pickleball courts, Basketball court
- Community Guest House available to lease by reservation
- Clubhouse with game & banquet room
- Boat Launch Ramp & 2 Community Boat Docks with long-term boat/PWC slip rental
- Gated 24-hour manned security
Today there are 376 homes located on the 662-acre peninsula featuring 5 miles of prime shoreline. The golf, the amenities, the location, and the security are just a few of the reasons The Coves at Bird Island is the destination of choice. Nearby you will also find two major yachting clubs that offer formal to informal dining, four major marinas, sailing regattas, water skiing, fishing, and the famous Duck Creek 4th of July fireworks display.
You will love life at the lake!
THE COVES AMENITIES
The Coves amenities include tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts as well as playground equipment and a saltwater swimming pool. Great exercise and fun for all.
The Coves spacious and cozy guest house is available to lease by reservation for your out-of-town guests and family. Fully functional, 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, and game room with a deck that looks out onto Duck Creek on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees.
The Coves also has private boat and PWC docks available for residents on a reservation list basis.